Crew Signup Link
Crew Signup Form - To apply for crew, please fill in our online application form.
If you have any questions about crewing or your crew application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Signup Links
- To Signup to Help Promote/Flyer/PR Team, please fill in this form HERE
All other performer related enquiries, such as DJing, singing, guesting etc, please email email@example.com
Signup To Crew
The Alcon crew are the people that help to make this convention a reality and to make it enjoyable for all our members. If you're interesting in volunteering to help out, please read this page and then volunteer using the form at the bottom of this page.
Why Crew? Well, you get free entry (if you crew full-time - see below) and one free-meal a day. And of course you get the satisifaction of having helped the convention out. We're always happy to provide references to people who work for us, so it's something extra which you can add to your CV afterward. Crewing is also a very easy way to get to know other members of the con, and there is usually a lot of camaraderie between fellow crew members over the course of the event!
What do I get for the type of crew I apply to be?
1. Part-Time Crew
Required: 14 hours total, works two days only (so 7 hours a day)
Reasons: Half price entry to Alcon, free meal on each day of working via the cosplay cafe or Level 1 Bar, drink and snacks also supplied via your team
2. Normal Crew
Required: 28 hours (or 21 hours) total over the event (so 7 hours a day, 3 or 4 days)
Reasons: Free entry to Alcon, free meal on each day of working via the cosplay cafe or Level 1 Bar, drink and snacks also supplied via your team. 4 day crew also get a free supporting membership upgrade worth £10.
3. Extra-Time Crew
Required: 32 hours total over the four days (7 hours a day) plus setup and/or takedown on Wednesday and Monday morning (4 hours total).
Perks: Free entry to Alcon, free meal on each day of working via the cosplay cafe or Level 1 Bar, drink and snacks also supplied via your team, free con T-Shirt worth £12 and free supporting membership upgrade worth £10, one night of accommodation covered to the value of up to £35 (subject to availability).
What Kind of Work is it? Usually a crew member will help to manage queues, serve attendees, act as a runner to move equipment/items around and so forth. When you join crew, you are placed on to a team. Each team has a team-leader who you will report in to and who will look after you over the event. Each shift you are given is usually four hours long. At times crewing is far from easy, and it can be a lot of hard work but it is usually a very rewarding experience.
What Teams are there? Video Gaming, Registrations, Night Operations, Cosplay Cafe, Operations, Stage Events, RPG/TCG/Boardgames.
I've already paid my entry, can I get it back if I crew? Provided you do the shifts which are allocated to you, then you will receive the entry money back on the Sunday.
What's this about Wednesday and Monday Crewing? If you want to help out on the Wednesday or Monday for setup or take-down, then shifts you do then will count toward your total crewing hours. This means you'll be working less on the event days if you're normal-time crew. Please let us know your availability if you're interested!
Can I do more than this number of hours? If you want to do extra-time, we offer various incentives to do so, ranging from extra-meals to free T-Shirts and even covering some of the cost toward accommodation. Make sure to state you're interested and we will get back to you on that.
Crew Signup Form - To apply for crew, please fill in our online application form. If you have any questions about crewing or your crew application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage those who want to help the event to first and foremost help spread the word. Without massive budgets to spend on mainstream advertising, we rely heavily on our attendees to help with this! You can help promote by -
1. Facebook & Twitter: Help by posting a status about Alcon, and posting short updates along the lines of "Is anyone going to Alcon this year? It's an awesome anime/gaming con in Leicester and you read up on it at www.alcon.org.uk"
2. Posters/Flyers: By dropping flyers/posters in to shops, groups, societies and handing to friends it can massively raise awareness. We can send out flyers if you request for some in Our Forum Topic.
3. Word of Mouth: One of the most effective ways, make sure to personally speak to your friends and encourage them to check the event out!
4. Promote or link to us on your website/forum/blog: Download a copy of the Alcon Press-Kit which contains images, buttons, press-releases and further information to use, making it as easy as copy and pasting to write about or link to Alcon on your website, forum or blog!
5. Banner/Link Exchange and Cross-Promotion: If you're interested in cross-promoting and gaining traffic, email us on email@example.com and we can explore possibilities. Those who partner up with Alcon will also be added as a partner on the Animeleague website, a community of over 30,000 members, making it very worthwhile!