Crew Signup Link
Crew Signup Form – To apply for crew, please fill in our online application form.
If you have any questions about crewing or your crew application, please email us at email@example.com.
Other Signup Links
All other performer related enquiries, such as DJing, singing, guesting etc, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Signup To Crew
The Alcon crew are the people that help to make this convention a reality and to make it enjoyable for all our members. If you’re interesting in volunteering to help out, please read this page and then volunteer using the form at the bottom of this page.
- Volunteers wanted to crew for two to four days during Alcon 2019 5-8th September 2019.
- Full references provided for future employment prospects.
- A fun role to volunteer for; be a part of our crew for the convention
- Future Opportunities for those who excel
The Alcon crew are the people that help to make this convention a reality and to make it enjoyable for all our members. If you’re interested in volunteering to help out then please apply here.
What Kind of Work is it?
Usually a crew member will help to manage queues, serve attendees, act as a runner to move equipment/items around and so forth. When you join crew, you are placed on to a team. Each team has a team-leader who you will report in to and who will look after you over the event.
What do I get for the type of crew I apply to be?
- Part-Time Crew: 14 hours total, works two days only (so 7 hours a day)
Reasons: Half price entry to Alcon, free meal on each day of working via the cosplay cafe or Student Union food areas, drink and snacks also supplied to your team
- Normal Crew: 28 hours (or 21 hours) total over the event (so 7 hours a day, 3 or 4 days)
Reasons: Free entry to Alcon, free meal on each day of working via the cosplay cafe or Student Union food areas, drink and snacks also supplied to your team. 4 day crew also get a free supporting membership upgrade worth £10.
- Extra-Time Crew: 32 hours total over the four days (7 hours a day) plus setup and/or takedown on Wednesday and Monday morning (4 hours total).
Perks: Free entry to Alcon, free meal on each day of working via the cosplay cafe or Student Union food areas, drink and snacks also supplied to your team, free supporting membership upgrade worth £10, one night of accommodation covered (subject to availability, please ask in advance).
- You get free entry to the convention and one free meal a day.
- We’re always happy to provide references to people who work for us, so it’s something extra which you can add to your CV afterward.
- You get training and gain experience in a variety of different roles (you may choose from several different roles on offer)
- You get the satisfaction of having helped the convention out. Crewing is also a very easy way to get to know other members of the con, and there is usually a lot of camaraderie between fellow crew members over the course of the event.
What Roles are there?
You pick a team to join which influences what roles you do. These are Video Gaming, Registrations, Operations, Stage, Tabletop Gaming and Cosplay Café.
- Registrations is helping to handle people when they come in such as wristbanding and answering attendee questions
- Operations is responsible for looking after the Queens Building, including dealer care and the talks & panels room.
- Video Gaming is helping the video gaming team and setting up consoles, running tournaments and so forth.
- Tabletop Gaming is helping run RPGs, board games and heavily interacting with attendees.
- Stage is helping with making sure stage is run, taking signups for events and helping with tech.
- There are also a variety of other roles such as photography, technician, presenter and so forth to apply for.
We encourage those who want to help the event to first and foremost help spread the word. Without massive budgets to spend on mainstream advertising, we rely heavily on our attendees to help with this! You can help promote by –
1. Facebook & Twitter: Help by posting a status about Alcon, and posting short updates along the lines of “Is anyone going to Alcon this year? It’s an awesome anime/gaming con in Leicester and you read up on it at www.alcon.org.uk”
2. Posters/Flyers: By dropping flyers/posters in to shops, groups, societies and handing to friends it can massively raise awareness. We can send out flyers if you request for some in Our Forum Topic.
3. Word of Mouth: One of the most effective ways, make sure to personally speak to your friends and encourage them to check the event out!
4. Promote or link to us on your website/forum/blog: Download a copy of the Alcon Press-Kit which contains images, buttons, press-releases and further information to use, making it as easy as copy and pasting to write about or link to Alcon on your website, forum or blog!
5. Banner/Link Exchange and Cross-Promotion: If you’re interested in cross-promoting and gaining traffic, email us on email@example.com and we can explore possibilities. Those who partner up with Alcon will also be added as a partner on the Animeleague website, a community of over 30,000 members, making it very worthwhile!